Out of an abundance of caution, and erring very far on the side of health and safety, we are CANCELLING this entire weekend. 

We had to send an employee home today who was exhibiting some possible symptoms of COVID, though all safety measures were properly taken and no one else is exhibiting any kind of symptoms, we can not in good conscience hold any racing this weekend without having a negative test result, which will not come before Monday. 

Our staff, racers and fans mean too much to us to take the risk, so we will take this entire weekend to clean and disinfect. We will update Monday or Tuesday if we will be open next weekend. 

Everyone who pre-purchased tickets will get a refund, we are working with our online ticketing company to work through this. We would expect refunds to be complete by Monday or Tuesday, if not sooner.

Thank you for your understanding, this was an extremely difficult decision to make, particularly because we were all looking forward to Sunday, but we will never put any race above health or safety.

Out of an abundance of caution, and erring very far on the side of health and safety, we are CANCELLING this entire…

Posted by Island Dragway on Friday, October 9, 2020